BBB Beetleweight Planetary 22mm Gearmotor v2
BBB Beetleweight Planetary 22mm 16:1 Gear Motor well suited for beetleweight robots.
- Custom manufactured to our specifications
- All metal geared planetary gearbox with grease
- All screws set with thread locker
- Hardened stainless steel 420 grade shaft
- 19g lighter than standard 25mm beetle motors.
- More robust gearboxes than standard 25mm beetle motors
- Similar spec to 22mm motors seen in american robot kits but at a much lower price
Recommended to run on 3S lipos if you’re new, 4S lipos if you want a bit more speed!
We’ve created the BBB Beetle ESC, with 2 & 4 wheel drive setup of this motor in mind.
We recommend face mounting the motors with our nylon mounts and a 22mm hole in some HDPE.
Mounting example, wiring diagram & battle hardening tips below!
36 in stock
Version 1 vs Version 2
September 2021 we switched to a v2 gearmotor with aluminium gearbox casing, which 9g lighter than v1! Don’t combine v2 & v1 motors in a bot as they’ll be slightly different speeds.
from Igor (J-LGames)Use a 22mm forstner bit to cut a hole in 10mm HDPE or similar for the motor to sit in.
Attach faceplate to outside with woodscrews.
Beetle Wiring Diagram using these motors:
Great advice from FingerTech:
As with every gearmotor, it is best practice to remove all the screws and reassemble using loctite. A small dab on each screw will be enough to keep them from vibrating loose.
– Since the gearboxes are packed with grease, it will need to be cleaned off of the small Phillips screws before applying the loctite.
– Even better than loctite is a product called Vibra-Tite VC-3. Apply it to the screw threads, wait 30min, and it will harden to a plastic-like coating. Since it hardens before touching the greasy gearbox threads, it can do a better job of holding the screws in place.
If you can find a UK alternative to Vibra-Tite VC-3 let me know – it’s a resin based thread locker. Some roboteers also like to heatshrink the gearbox to the motor to help hold them together in battle.